Juvéderm™ For a Smooth Look and Feel
Most adults are good candidates for Juvéderm™. It is generally well-tolerated. This injectable gel is placed in the mid-to-deep dermis to plump cheeks and lips and to correct other conditions:
• Fine lines on lip border
• Folds from the nose to the mouth aka nasolabial folds
• Lines from the corners of the mouth to the chin aka marionette lines
• Wrinkles around chin, mouth, and jawline
• Depressions under the eyes
• Wrinkles between brows
Collagen: The Building Block for Youthful Skin
Collagen is the structural component that keeps skin youthful and smooth looking. As we age, the body’s collagen production decreases, and wrinkles appear. Juvéderm™ contains the highest concentration of cross-linked hyaluronic acid of any dermal filler. Introducing natural hyaluronic acid is important to spark collagen production. Juvéderm™ stimulates collagen production and promotes collagen growth. The results are incredibly natural-looking and last for 3-6 months.
Let the Expert Help You Select the Right Product
There are a number of products in the Juvéderm™ product family. At your consultation, Dr. Byrd will answer your questions and help you select the right product to achieve your aesthetic goals.
Little Discomfort and Minimal Downtime
Before a Juvéderm™ treatment, Dr. Byrd will numb the area to be treated to minimize discomfort. Multiple injections are made to evenly distribute the dermal filler. The entire treatment will take approximately 30 minutes. Most patients resume regular activities the next morning.
Botox® for a Relaxed Look and Feel
Botox® and its competitor, Dysport are the purified from of a plant bacterium called botulinum toxin type A, produced by the bacteria clostridium botulinum. These products relax/paralyze the muscles where they are injected. Botox treatments are wildly popular at the Byrd Aesthetic and Anti-Aging Center.
Pregnant and nursing women are not good candidates for Botox. However, male and female patients find the treatment beneficial for a number of conditions:
• Frown lines and forehead wrinkles
• Crow’s feet around the eyes
• Nostril flaring
• Lower face lines and wrinkles
• Lazy eye
• Blepharospasm aka uncontrolled blinking and other muscle disorders
• Hyperfunctional facial lines
• Hyperhidrosis aka bad sweating
Botox does not remove wrinkles. It stops muscles from contracting and leaves the skin flat and smooth-looking. Dr. Byrd, who is an expert in injectables, will block only certain muscles and allow other muscles to function normally. Wrinkles in the areas treated will not deepen or increase when injected with Botox because they are relaxed and not tense.
The treatment takes only about 15 minutes. The area to be treated is cleaned and ice is used to numb the area. There is no need for an anesthetic. Then Dr. Byrd injects the area several times to make sure the muscles relax. The injections may sting but are easily tolerated. The effects of Botox last 3-6 months.
After the treatment, patience is required as the treatment takes effect over the next 2 or 3 days. Dr. Byrd’s will give aftercare instructions to follow:
• Do not massage the area but exercise facial muscles to work the Botox into the treated area
• Do not lie down for 6-8 hours after the treatment
• Do not exercise for 24 hours after treatment.
Here is some general information for Juvederm and Botox patients:
• Many of the fillers are available with lidocaine for a more comfortable treatment experience.
• Filler procedures and Botox treatments typically take about 20 minutes to perform. Patients can expect little to no downtime.
• Common side effects of injectables include slight pain, tenderness, redness, swelling, bruising, or firmness around the injection site.
• Those who take aspirin or ibuprofen daily may experience increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
Dr. Byrd’s office is conveniently located to serve patients in Roswell, Alpharetta, Milton, Sandy Springs, and all of North Metro Atlanta. Make an appointment today to see how Botox and Juvederm could give you the relaxed, youthful look you’ve been missing.
© 2018 Byrd Aesthetic & Anti-Aging Center. All rights reserved.