There are several types of liposuction, a procedure used to remove fatty tissue. The doctor makes small incisions and uses a cannula, or blunt-tipped tool, to suction fat deposits out of the patient. A skilled physician can target problem areas and remove fat expertly. The procedure is generally safe, and advancements have made it less painful than ever.
However, safety is always a concern when surgery is involved. When considering liposuction, choose the doctor carefully. Dr. Marcia V. Byrd is highly-trained and experienced at conducting all types of liposuction treatments. Byrd Aesthetic’s state-of-the art facility is built with the patient’s comfort and safety in mind.
Before you have liposuction, make sure you fully understand the procedure:
Have clear expectations
- Before undergoing liposuction, the patient should be aware that it is not used to treat obesity. You can’t expect liposuction for weight loss.
- Patients who have problems with stretch marks or cellulite should look for another treatment path as liposuction has no effect on them.
- Once the fat is removed, it is important to keep your weight stable as fat can return in a different place. The new fat could be problematic for internal organs. Liposuction patients need to monitor their weight carefully.
Don’t jump to conclusions
- Liposuction removes fat deposits but does not tighten the skin. Youth and heredity play important roles in the elasticity of skin.
- Patience is a virtue. Benefits of liposuction may not be visible for up to 12 months.
Be aware of the possible complications
Common temporary side effects of liposuction are soreness, numbness around treated area, and swelling. There will be minor scarring around the incision sites. Other side effects to the skin which can be treated are skin color and unevenness on the skin surface. Infection, blood loss, and other reactions can result but are not common. Surgery has its benefits and risks. In the case of liposuction, the risks can increase as the doctor works on larger areas of the body. As part of the consultation, Dr. Byrd will discuss, in detail, risks from the procedure.
Byrd Aesthetic and Anti-Aging Center does it best
“Lipo” is a safe technique used at Byrd Aesthetic and Anti-Aging Center to remove stubborn fatty deposits. Call today to make an appointment to come in to discuss liposuction as a way to meet your aesthetic needs.
© 2017 Byrd Aesthetic & Anti-Aging Center. All rights reserved.