THERMI products have been popular since they were introduced. At Byrd Aesthetic & Anti-Aging Center, patients have been pleased with results from THERMIsmooth, a non-invasive skin smoothing product which boosts the natural production of collagen, the most important factor of youthful skin. The controlled heat produced by the THERMIsmooth Body device causes contraction of collagen fibers which tightens the skin. You can book a series of treatments at the office of Dr. Marcia Byrd, M.D.
Beneficial for a number of areas
THERMIsmooth Body tightens and tones the skin and gives it a more appealing look. Almost any area can benefit from the procedure:
- Upper arms
Conditions Contraindicated for THERMIsmooth
Please make the doctor aware if you have any of these conditions:
- This procedure is not appropriate for candidates who do not want to wait for the final result. Improvement appears gradually over a long period of time with THERMIsmooth. Patience is key.
- System equipment may be hazardous to patients with implantable devices, including — but not limited to — pacemakers, embedded defibrillators, Cochlear ear implants, or any implantable medical device.
- The Bipolar hand piece may be used with patients who have pacemakers, if the device is located somewhere other than the treatment area.
- Women who are pregnant or attempting to become pregnant should not have the treatment.
- Avoid treatments directly over areas containing injectable fillers and toxins for one month.
- If there is nerve insensitivity to heat anywhere in the treatment area, you should not be treated with the THERMIsmooth® Body system.
Feels like a hot stone massage
THERMIsmooth® Body is performed in an office setting. First, a small amount of topical gel will be applied to the area being treated. Some patients compare this non-invasive skin smoothing treatment to a heated massage. Dr. Byrd then gently moves the handpiece over the surface of the skin in a circular motion to slowly heat the area. This is followed by 5 minutes of sustained heat. Advanced technology will ensure that the temperature does not get too hot. Depending on the size of the area being treated, each session may take anywhere from 10-30 minutes. Slight pinkness and minor swelling may occur following your treatment but will quickly resolve.
THERMIsmooth produces collagen
Most patients begin to see benefits from THERMIsmooth® Body after the first treatment; typically 4-6 treatments are necessary to achieve optimal results. Production and strengthening of collagen in the skin, called collagenesis, is a gradual process, so smoothing and tightening changes become more apparent as time goes on, with full results achieved after 3-6 months and lasting one year or longer. Single maintenance treatments are recommended every 9-12 months.
Minimal to NO downtime; no incisions; no pain
In almost all cases, patients who undergo the THERMIsmooth® Body procedure need no recovery time; you can simply get back to your normal activities. In rare cases, minor swelling and redness may occur. The THERMIsmooth® Body procedure is quick. Most sessions last about 40-60 minutes every 1-3 weeks with a total of 4-6 treatments. Treatments are gentle, with patients often comparing it to the feel of a hot stone massage. Patients can expect to see improvement for up to 10 months from the last treatment. More invasive procedures such as surgery usually produce quicker and more dramatic results, but this procedure fulfills those requirements for patients who desire no downtime, no incision lines, and no pain.
Dr. Marcia Byrd offers her patients the latest surgical and nonsurgical anti-aging procedures. If you want to know more about THERMIsmooth or have questions about other procedures, set up an appointment for a consultation.
© 2017 Byrd Aesthetic & Anti-Aging Center. All rights reserved.