Human Growth Hormone (HGH), is a protein-based hormone produced by the pituitary gland, and is responsible for helping the body to grow and heal. HGH levels peak during youth, and decline throughout adulthood, as the pituitary gland slowly reduces growth hormone production. As HGH levels fall, a number of negative aesthetic and physical health issues can arise, many of which are affiliated with the common signs of aging in men.
Dr. Marcia Byrd, M.D. at Byrd Aesthetics & Anti-Aging Center in Atlanta, GA understands that every patient has a unique biological and chemical makeup, and therefore, cannot be treated with a ‘one size fits all’ treatment, as traditional HRT often advocates. To strategize treatment, Dr. Byrd will conduct an in-depth assessment and examination of your current symptoms and medical history, and will then order the appropriate laboratory tests necessary to evaluate your current baseline hormone levels. After analyzing the results, Dr. Byrd will create a customized hormone supplementation plan tailored to restore your body to a state of physical health and vitality.
Symptoms of Low HGH Levels in Adult Males
- Decrease in muscle mass and bone strength
- Thin skin, hair and nails
- Sagging and wrinkling of skin due to loss of skin elasticity
- Lowered libido
- Chronic fatigue or loss of energy
- Weight gain as a result of lowered metabolism
- Difficulty concentrating and/or memory loss
- Weakening of ligaments, tendons and cartilage
- Increased recovery time after injury
- Thinning hair
- High cholesterol levels
- Insomnia or poor sleep quality
If you are suffering from any of these symptoms, and believe it may be due to low HGH levels, there are effective treatment options available for you. At Byrd Aesthetic and Anti-Aging Center, located in Roswell, Georgia, Dr. Marcia Byrd, M.D., is a highly experienced and knowledgeable physician, who has studied the medical benefits of bio-identical growth hormone replacement therapy, and employs this therapeutic treatment to counterbalance the effects of the aging process, and to restore her male patients to optimal mental, emotional and physical well-being.
In contrast to the synthetic hormones utilized in traditional hormone replacement therapy (HRT), Dr. Byrd only incorporates bio-identical hormones when treating her patients, because bio-identical hormones have the same chemical structure and biological makeup as hormones produced by your own body. This is a pivotally important factor, because it means that your body will recognize and accept the new hormones as its own, and the negative side effects associated with synthetic hormone replacement therapy can be avoided.
Benefits of Bio-Identical HGH Therapy
- An average of nearly 10% increase in lean muscle mass
- Significant decrease in body fat composition
- Diminished appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Increased bone density
- Increased sex drive
- Enhanced overall immunity levels
- Faster recovery times after injury or illness
- Improvement in brain function, memory, and sleep
- Increased sperm production
- Amelioration of symptoms of anxiety, depression and fatigue