Breast Fat Transfer is a great way to improve the size and shape of your breasts without breast implants or undergoing a major surgical procedure. Dr. Marcia Byrd, M.D. at Byrd Aesthetic & Anti-Aging Center in Atlanta, GA consistently achieves beautiful, natural looking results and realizes that a woman’s breasts are an important component of femininity. If you would like to improve the appearance of your breasts, Dr. Byrd can help.
Breast Fat Transfer is a safe, non-surgical technique that uses your own fat cells to improve the size and shape of your breasts. Liposuction is performed to harvest fat cells from another part of your body such as the abdomen, hips, or thighs. These fat cells are then inserted into your breasts to achieve your desired appearance. This procedure requires a highly skilled physician with experience in both advanced liposuction techniques as well as fat grafting technology and techniques. Dr. Byrd uses Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) in all fat transfer procedures to enhance the results.
To view before and after Breast Fat Transfer photographs click here.
Candidates for Breast Fat Transfer
- Be in good general health
- Have adequate amount of fat in order to do the transfer
- Have no family history of breast cancer
- Undergo a mammogram prior to the procedure and be willing to get one every year after the procedure is complete
- Not smoke or be willing to quit for the duration of the procedure and recovery period
- Have realistic expectations for the outcome (you can expect to see a 1 -2 cup size increase at best)
- Understand it may require more than one procedure to achieve the results you want
About the Procedure
Stage 1: During the procedure, Dr. Byrd will perform lipo-harvesting to remove fat from a donor area on the body such as the buttocks, abdomen, or inner thighs. This harvested material is immediately purified and refined by separating the larger fat cells from the fibroblasts, stem cells, and smaller fat cells.
Stage 2: The second stage of the operation involves injecting each of the breasts with a portion of the harvested material. This is accomplished with the use of specially designed cannulas to place the fat within the muscle wall of the breast in a non-traumatic manner, thereby restoring fullness following the template of the patient’s own anatomy. The transplanted fat is placed in an area rich in blood flow and is rapidly re-vascularized resulting in long-lasting, symmetric appearance.
This can easily be done using a local aesthetic although many patients elect to receive some form of anesthesia. Once the fat cells integrate they can grow naturally with the body just like the surrounding cells. It has been demonstrated that two days after the procedure, the fat graft is anchored in the surrounding tissues by the healing process and new vascularization has begun.
Benefits of Breast Fat Transfer
You will experience the following benefits when you choose the Breast Fat Transfer procedure:
- Safer option than traditional Breast Augmentation
- No breast implants
- No general anesthesia
- No long incision scarring, encapsulation with implants, unnatural high, hard or “fake” looking breasts
- Minimal discomfort, faster recovery, and minimal downtime
- Increase your breasts by 1-2 cup sizes, improve their shape, and restore lost breast volume
- Results are more natural looking than breast implants
- Advanced liposuction provides artistic contouring of other areas of your body, improving your overall figure as well as the appearance of your breasts
- See your results in days or weeks, not months
Aftercare and Recovery
After your procedure you will have some bruising around the injection sites. There will be some swelling and it might last as long as 2 weeks. Most patients resume all of their routine activities within 5 days. As the swelling subsides, you and your friends will begin to notice rejuvenation. Many patients are so excited with their results that they elect to have other areas treated in subsequent sessions. Patients can choose the area to be treated first and come back for more treatment in other areas at a later date.
There is no risk of an allergic reaction since it is your own fat. Fat transferred to the breasts can provide genuine aesthetic improvement to the breasts without the presence of surgical scars or that “done look.”
Dr. Marcia Byrd and her team of experts care for patients throughout the United States and Canada. Locally, Dr. Byrd services the North Atlanta, GA area including Roswell GA, Alpharetta GA, Milton GA, Woodstock GA, Canton GA, Dunwoody GA, Sandy Springs, GA and more. If you would like more information about the Breast Fat Transfer procedure call (770) 587-1711 and schedule a consultation. Be the best you can be and live a full life – there is no reason to wait!