Many women suffer from having breasts that are too large. This can be a source of pain in the breast, shoulder or back, as well as nipple numbness and shoulder indentation from bra straps. Breast reduction can help to regain natural, soft-looking breasts that are much more comfortable and make clothes shopping enjoyable by improving balance and proportion.
Breast reduction surgery is performed in the surgical suite located at Byrd Aesthetic & Anti-Aging Center by either Dr. Marcia Byrd or Dr. Paul McCluskey. Patients are able to return home immediately after the procedure. It is recommended to rest for the first couple of days and there may be some mild to moderate swelling. Most patients can resume many of their normal activities within the first week after surgery and most activities by three weeks.
Benefits from having breast reduction:
- Breasts are elevated, appear full, and have a more aesthetic size and shape.
- You can expect nipple and skin sensation to be normal.
- Women can usually breastfeed later.
- Improved balance and proportion with a better fit in clothing.
- Exercise and other strenuous activities are much more comfortable following breast reduction surgery.
- Natural, soft-looking breasts that continue to improve over three to six months of healing.
Dr. Marcia Byrd and Dr. Paul McCluskey along with their team of experts care for patients throughout the United States and Canada. Locally, Dr. Byrd services the North Atlanta, GA area including Roswell GA, Alpharetta GA, Milton GA, Woodstock GA, Canton GA, Dunwoody GA, Sandy Springs, GA and more. If you would like more information about Breast Reduction call (770) 587-1711 and schedule a consultation. Be the best you can be and live a full life – there is no reason to wait!