Dr. Marcia Byrd, M.D. at Byrd Aesthetic & Anti-Aging Center in Atlanta, GA believes that nutritional supplementation is not a “one size fits all science.” People have different bodies, different diets, different health conditions and different medications. A unique dynamic occurs between the tissues and nutrients in your body that result in individual biochemical needs.
In addition to Custom Supplementation, Dr. Byrd recommends additional supplements that can be purchased at Byrd Aesthetic or directly from Natural Partners. To determine which supplements most closely meet your needs, schedule a consultation with Dr. Byrd today!
How to Order Supplements Online
- Go to www.npscript.com
- Create an account
- Use the code ‘ba1234’ upon check out
- You will automatically receive a 25% discount on each order
- Natural Partners offers over 10,000 products from high quality/medical grade companies.
- 500 mcg per day
- From Natural Partners – Methylselenocysteine 200mcg
- Natural Partners Item # – CP0173
- Take 2 to 3 a day
- FYI – One ounce of Brazil nut supplies 544 mcg of selenium per day.
Selenium has been shown to decrease swelling in tissues and reduce the incidence of erysipelas (skin infection) in patients with chronic lymphedema. In addition, selenium removes toxins from the tissues. This process may be associated with an increase in pain or a decrease in well-being as the toxins come out of the tissues. If these symptoms are too severe stop taking the selenium.
- From Natural Partners – Nature’s Way Butcher’s Broom
- Natural Partners Item # NW0095
- Take 2 capsules per day with food
Butchers broom has been shown to improve lymphatic pumping. If you notice benefit with the use of butchers broom, consider doubling the dose. If no further improvement, decrease the dose to the previous. As with all herbal medications, just like traditional medications, monitor for allergy symptoms such as rash, itching, shortness of breath. You also may have additional allergy symptoms that are specific to you.
- 600 mg per day in an extended release tablet
- From Natural Partners – NAC 600mg
- Natural Partners Item # – PU0189
- Take 1 per day
- FYI – This is another product similar to Mucinex that loosens protein gel in the tissue.
For most people NAC is well tolerated. On occasion side effects such as nausea, headache, ringing in the ears, itching, stomatitis, runny nose, chills, fever, bronchospasm may occur. Use with caution if you have asthma. Do not use if you are allergic to sulfa medications.
- From Natural Partners – Milk Thistle
- Natural Partners Item # – JR0355
- Take 2 per day
Supports the liver and promotes the natural detoxification process-promotes excretion within the lymphatic system, kidneys and bladder. Milk thistle is an anti-inflammatory supplement that improves lymphatic function. It also decreases the formation of new fat cells.
Rutin, Quercetin – Bioflavonoid
- From Natural Partners – Bioflavonoid Complex w/Quercetin
- Natural Partners Item # – CP0028
- Contains Quercetin 500mg, Citrus bioflavonoid complex 375mg, Rutin 150mg
In humans, Rutin has been shown to be effective in treating chronic venous insufficiency (CVI). Patients with CVI who took 1500 to 2000 milligrams of Rutin daily over 5 years showed reductions in swelling and capillary filtration rate to near normal levels and no deterioration of the venous system in the legs. Furthermore, ulcerations, a common occurrence with CVI, were prevented.
- 5,000 units a day
- From Natural Partners. Vit D 5,000 IU
- Natural Partners Item # – DL0721
- Take 1 per day
- Follow blood levels – optimal level is 70 to 90
Vitamin D is an essential vitamin that plays many important roles in the proper functioning of the body. Though classified as a vitamin, vitamin D is actually a key regulatory hormone for calcium and bone metabolism. Adequate vitamin D status is essential for ensuring normal calcium absorption and maintenance of healthy plasma calcium levels. Besides bone support, vitamin D has many other roles in the body, including modulation of cell growth, neuromuscular and immune function. Numerous scientists now feel that supplementation with vitamin D at levels greater than previously thought necessary is critical to helping maintain healthy bone remodeling and healthy vitamin D plasma levels.
The following products are either available over-the-counter or require a prescription
- Dose varies per patient
- Kaempferia can be purchased thru Amazon (www.amazon.com)`
- Dextroamphetamine (Adderall) requires a prescription
Kaempferia decreases the size of large fat cells. Enzyme activation in the fat causes the release of fat from inside the cell.
Dextroamphetamine (Adderall) improves the lymphatic flow.awwe
- Each tablet contains 400mg of Diosmin
- Take 1 to 2 a day
- From Natural Partners – Diosmin – HMC
- Natural Partners Item # – TH0129
- Requires a prescription
Vasculera is considered a medical food product that is formulated to manage chronic venous insufficiency. It is a form of Diosmin and can be obtained as a prescription from your medical provider.
Mucinex 600mg ER
- 1 tablet every 12 hours to loosen protein gel in the tissues
- May be purchased over-the-counter from drug store
- If you use NAC (N-acetyl-cysteine) you will not need Mucinex – they have very similar functions
Dr. Marcia Byrd and her team of experts care for patients throughout the United States and Canada. Locally, Dr. Byrd services the North Atlanta, GA area including Roswell GA, Alpharetta GA, Milton GA, Woodstock GA, Canton GA, Dunwoody GA, Sandy Springs, GA and more. If you would like more information about supplements call (770) 587-1711 and schedule a consultation. Be the best you can be and live a full life – there is no reason to wait!