As we age, our faces begin to lose shape. In the quest to eradicate the signs of aging, patients continue to demand better results with less recovery time. Recent advances in technology aim to meet those demands, giving physicians and patients many options for facial augmentation. Radiesse offers an immediate radiant, refreshed look that is safe, effective, and FDA-approved.
Radiesse has been used successfully for several years in prosthetic implants in dental, facial and orthopedic surgery. Radiesse treatments can be done at the same time as other facial rejuvenation procedures such as laser treatment, chemical peels or facial surgery.
Candidates for Radiesse Dermal Filler
Radiesse is a proven treatment for removing well-defined wrinkles or creases that show up between the nose, mouth and other facial areas, along with correcting acne scars and thin lips. Radiesse is made from a material that occurs naturally in our own body tissues, and is a popular alternative to bovine and solid implant materials. Radiesse can be used for:
- Nasolabial folds (areas around the nose)
- Perioral lines
- Lip enhancement for thin lips
- Depressed scars (from acne or other trauma)
- Oral commissures
About the Procedure
The calcium-based microspheres and gel of Radiesse add volume and strength to your skin as well as stimulate the growth of your own natural collagen. While your body will eventually absorb the Radiesse, the new collagen production that Radiesse generated will last much longer, keeping your face looking youthful and vibrant.
- Using a very fine needle, Radiesse will be injected into soft tissue just under the skin. This tissue then takes on the properties of the tissue into which it is injected.
- If injected into bone tissue, it will harden.
- If injected into soft tissue, it will remain pliable.
- Radiesse treatment involves very little discomfort. A local anesthetic will be used.
How Long Does Radiesse Dermal Filler Last?
Radiesse will immediately reduce the signs of aging in your face such as wrinkles, fine lines, folds, or depressions in the cheek area for 2-5 years. Dr. Byrd can perform the procedure in twenty minutes at Byrd Aesthetic & Anti-Aging Center.
Aftercare and Recovery
Radiesse requires little to no downtime with most patients able to return to their daily activities immediately following the procedure. Bruising at the injection sites can be covered with mineral makeup.
There are very few risks (if any) associated with Radiesse.
- Proven to be safe, effective and long-lasting
- Offers immediate results
- Requires no pre-testing
- Treatments are given in our office
- Treatments do not create allergic reactions
- Can be done alone or with other procedures
- Results can last for years
We have worked hard to create a warm, inviting office environment, where you will feel comfortable and relaxed throughout your Radiesse experience. If you would like additional information about having injectables performed at Byrd Aesthetic and Anti-Aging Center, please contact us at 866/671-5633 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Byrd.