Some people are born with nice sculpted cheekbones along with full plump lips. These individuals won’t experience age-related changes such as sunken cheeks or thin lips as quickly as the rest of us. Over time, we all experience subtle changes such as loss of facial definition making us look tired and older.
Depending on each patient’s unique needs, Dr. Marcia Byrd, M.D. at Byrd Aesthetic & Anti-Aging Center will select the most appropriate option to enhance the lips and cheek area. Cheek Enhancement raises the cheeks up to create a fresher, more refined, youthful appearance. Lip Enhancement adds volume and fullness to the upper and lower lips to balance out the lower face.
Candidates for Cheek or Lip Enhancement
- Hollow cheeks
- Lack of definition
- Lack of symmetry
- Correct facial deformities resulting from injury or congenital condition
- Thin lips
About the Procedures
To improve the overall appearance of the cheeks and lips, Dr. Byrd may recommend Injectable Facial Fillers, a Mini Facelift, or Facial Fat Transfer to achieve optimal results.
- Facial Fillers (cheeks and lips): Facial fillers provides instant, long lasting fullness in the cheeks and lips and is prefect for patients who do not want to have surgery. This non-surgical option produces minimal discomfort and reverses the signs of “facial wasting.” Learn more+
- Mini-Facelift (cheeks): Lifts the malar/cheek area. Learn more+
- Facial Fat Transfer (cheeks and lips): Fat from a donor area on the body such as the buttocks, abdomen, or inner thigh is harvested via Liposuction then immediately purified and refined. The fat is then injected into the cheeks or lips for a natural result. Learn more+
Patients need to be aware that some medications increase the likelihood of bruising. Therefore, Dr. Marcia Byrd, M.D. advises patients to stop taking the medications listed below for 4-7 days prior to Voluma XC injections.
- Motrin, Advil, Ibroprofen, Naprosyn (or same class of anti-inflammatory medications)
- Fish oils
- Vitamin E
- Ginko Biloba
- Coumadin or Lovenox (though you are more likely to bruise if you are on these, we suggest you DO NOT stop this medication, and seek your primary doctors approval)
Aftercare and Recovery
Because Cheek and Lip Enhancement is considered to be an outpatient procedure, patients can begin the recovery process in the comfort of their own home the same day as surgery. After the procedure, patients may experience mild to moderate discomfort for a few days. If pain is present it can easily be controlled with over-the-counter medication. Swelling and bruising is normal, and does go away in a matter of weeks. Ice packs should be used to help reduce swelling. Most patients are able to return to work immediately – as the swelling and bruising diminishes, patients will see the new contour in their cheeks and lips.
Dr. Marcia Byrd and her team of experts care for patients throughout the United States and Canada. Locally, Dr. Byrd services the North Atlanta, GA area including Roswell GA, Alpharetta GA, Milton GA, Woodstock GA, Canton GA, Dunwoody GA, Sandy Springs, GA and more. If you would like more information about Cheek or Lip Enhancement call (770) 587-1711 and schedule a consultation. Be the best you can be and live a full life – there is no reason to wait!